By Keila Dawson
Illustrated by Vernon Smith
It is almost Mardi Gras so time to share King Cake Baby. Stick around to the end as I have a surprise!
King Cake Baby is like the gingerbread man. He is supposed to be cooked in a king cake but keeps running away from people. He taunts them as he runs. But eventually someone outsmarts him.
King Cake is a special cake eaten from the Epiphany to Mardi Gras. A small “baby” is hidden in the cake. If you get the piece with the baby, you are special.
I found the book funny. It is even more fun if you read it with silly voices.
*Drawing is closed. The winner was Molly*
Now the exciting part – I have a copy to give away to one of my readers! This is my first giveaway so super special. To be entered into my drawing, leave a comment on my blog about:
- What you would do if you found the baby in your piece of cake?
- A book you think I would like OR
- An author/illustrator I should interview
Comments will be open through next Friday, February 17th. I will draw a random entry for the book! Make sure to leave an email I can reach you at!
1. If I found a baby in my Cake I would have thought a while about it than I would like to get the baby in a cradle and I would go to sleep.
2. I think you should really read my wacky school “Mister Macky is wacky”.
1. “I don’t know what I’d do.” She wouldn’t do a happy dance, or say yay!, Or sing a song.
2. I think Nelle would like you to try to review the indestructible books. So far she says it really is indestructible! But maybe bigger kids can do better.
Pingback: Bridget and the Books Giveaway ~ Keila V. Dawson
Good luck everyone. This is one very special and entertaining tale!
I would buy the next king cake if I found the baby.
You should read The Littlest Streetcar by Vernon Smith
Congratulations! I drew your name for the book and baby! Email me at bridgetandthebooks at gmail.com
Thank you for featuring my book on your blog and organizing a giveaway Bridget. Happy Mardi Gras ma chérie! 💜💚💛🎶🎺🎵🎷🎶👑