By Lynda Mullaly Hunt
Book Source: bought by parents
Book Status: available
I wasn’t sure about this book at first but my grandmother thought it sounded like something I should read. She is not usually wrong so I did. Here are my five reasons why kids should read it.
1. The girl is dealing with real social issues, like a friend dumping you for the mean girl.
2. She is dealing with living without her parents and is raised by her grandmother. More kids are being raised by their grandparents and it isn’t the same as your parent.
3. It was very fun to read and we’ll written for middle graders.
4. Not everything is wrapped up in a pretty bow at the end just like life.
5. These quotes on the back are perfect lessons for middle graders