By Alan Gratz
Book Source: borrowed from library
Book Status: available
I was not sure about this book at first because it seemed so similar to Property of the Rebel Librarian. But I loved it. For me this was such a better book. I might even re-read it.
Five reasons why I think kids will like this
1. It is about a girl causing good trouble
2. It is about betrayal and being forced into an unwinable position
3. It is about books and people trying to censor what kids read. And we know I am not a fan of that
4. The kids use grown up logic against the grown-ups. That is pretty fun
5. This was book was so worth staying up all night to finish. I thought I got away with it but my parents called my bluff pretty quick. But it was that good of a book.
Bonus: I liked this better of two books but I think Rebel Librarian would just as good a book for class to discuss censorship. It is nice to have two book choices for a class.