By Brooks Benjamin
Book source: purchased
Book status: available
I started to read this book this summer after meeting Brooks but it didn’t click. I picked it up this week now that I am track cycling training. It made a lot more sense because like the main character I am doing something not normal for kids my age.
1. It’s about a boy who’s dancing.
2. It’s about a friendship thing that happens in real life.
3. It’s about how the boy, Dillon, has to keep his dancing with his friends a secret, because of his dancing with a different person, with a different style.
4. It’s about a person controlling his life to make him a better candidate for the dance competition.
5. It’s just a really good story for kids who have a desire to do something that isn’t popular to follow their heart. Be who you are, not who someone else thinks you should be .