By Melanie Conklin
Book Source: ARC provided for review
Book Status: Available 5/19/2020
Melanie writes books that about kids with emotional needs. These can be hard to read if you are a kid dealing with them.
1. Every Missing Pieces has a main character with anxiety. How she expresses her anxiety is different from mine, but it was still tough to read.
2. It is about kids trying to protect other kids
3. It is about making space in your life for new people and realizing you can do that without erasing another person
4. It is nice to read a book where therapy is normal and grown ups help with the anxiety instead of trying to fix the kid.
5. Definitely an upper middle grade book and kids like me might need an adult to talk about it with.