By Jewell Parker Rhodes
Book Source: purchased
Book Status: available
I asked on my Twitter for book recommendations for kids to understand what is going on right now. This book was recommended more than other book so I quickly got it and read it. I couldn’t put it down and it made me think a lot. I am still thinking about their experiences.
1. For kids like me it helps you see how other kids lives are different.
2. It shows how black and biracial kids have life really hard and its sad that this is still going on.
3. This is a good book for right now because it shows what those kids are going through.
4. This is a really good book even if you don’t think about what’s going on right now.
5. It shows how black kids and biracial kids are treated unfairly and it makes you want and do things to help them!!!!!!!!
Nearly all the kids in my school are black and biracial. Now that I’ve read this, I am going to use my voice more now. Previously I did not think about what my classmates went through, but now I do and I will. I will do everything I can to help especially now.