By Kate Messner
Book Source: purchased
Book Status: available
1. This book is written like a time capsule.
2. This book is so like right now! Their summer was ruined by inmates escaping from a prison in their town, and right now our summer was ruined by covid!
3. The book has parts about their experience with their friend Elidee, who moved from NYC. Elidee was black and her brother was in the prison in their town, so there was more than racism in her life.
4. The book is really cool with all the letters, texts, conversations, newsletters, and parodies.
5. This is just a really good book!!!