Author website/social media: @shannondoleski on Instagram and Twitter and www.facebook.com/doleskiauthor
- When you were my age (10), did you like to read? I did! I read anything and everything! My favs were the Redwall series and Babysitters Club.
- What is a book that made an impact on you? Anne of Green Gables has been my favorite story since I was 8 years old. I first saw the PBS miniseries and then read the eight books after.
- Is it hard to come up with book ideas? No, coming up with ideas is easy for me. It’s seeing those ideas through all the way that’s the hard part.
- Is there a new or lesser known author you think kids should be aware of? I’d love to celebrate some of my fellow debuts! Janae Marks wrote From the Desk of Zoe Washington. Tanya Guerrero wrote How To Make Friends with the Sea. And Lorien Lawrence wrote The Stitchers. Love all their books!
- What advice do you have for a kid who wants to be an author? Practice, practice, practice! The more you practice writing, the better you’ll get. A lot of people say to read all you can, but I think you can learn a lot about writing and story structure from TV and movies and video games and comics too!
- As an author, do you hear from your readers? What do you like about that? I love talking to readers! It’s nice to hear what they like about my characters or how they relate to my stories.
- If you could portal into any book (yours or another person’s), what book would it be? I think I’m going to stick with Anne of Green Gables on this one. I’d love to be on Prince Edward Island right now, eating a lobster roll!