I was asked to review the third book in Sue Macy’s series about women and sports (that review comes later this week). While reading about Sue, I saw the title of the second book (this) and had to have it. I mean women + bicycles = heck yeah! I want that book!
1. It’s about how the bicycle made a lot of progress in women’s rights!
2. It tells about how women were both advocates about bikes, but also how they were also hating the bike and think that it made women demons!!!
3. It tells how the bicycle innovated how women go places, and how it changed restrictions with women and men.
4. It shows how the bicycle changed over time to accommodate women, and how women changed over time to accommodate the bike.
5. It made me think about bikes differently, and made me proud to be a woman cyclist!!!!!!!
I really like the I Survive books and was excited to hear about graphic novel version. This one is about surviving the Titanic sinking. I haven’t stopped reading it since I got the review copy.
It is historical fiction in a way kids can understand. I have also read the book version of this. The graphic illustrations shows you what the Titanic really looked like and there are facts at the end of the book.
Kids will like this because it is a series we like and a graphic novel. They will learn about a real situation. This could help kids get into the I Survive series too.